How ‘they’ run Pakistan – by Najma Sadeque
On the National Economy
Is this what Pakistan was supposed to be about ?What are the criteria of progress and a healthy economy?
- Is it in the statistics compiled in ivory towers ?
- In the growth and prosperity of the elite and upper middle-class ?
- In the billions earned from business, industry and export?
- In increased revenues despite a narrow tax base and high tax evasion ?
- In the mind boggling foreign debt without concern about repayment?
- In the invasion of foreign investment and excessive consumerism ?
- In constantly restructuring administration and governance without accountability or freedom of public information ?
The state of the citizens reflects the state of an economy.
Translation into Urdu
Translation into Sindhi